Dry Eye Services
At Summit Eye Care, we believe in treating each patient individually. We have found that determining the exact type of Dry Eye that you suffer from will help more efficiently treat your condition. Every patient is unique; therefore, each treatment plan should be unique.
What can I expect during my Advance Dry Eye Evaluation?
Evaluating your tear film is performed with many types of diagnostic tools. These tools consist of:
- TearLab Osmolarity Testing—used to evaluate the osmolarity of the tear film.
- InflammaDry Testing—used to evaluate biomarkers for inflammation.
- Meibomian Gland Imaging—think of this as an X-ray of the eyelids to determine the status of the oil glands in the eyelid.
- Korb Meibomian Gland Evaluator—used to test the secretions of the oil glands.
- Ocular Allergy Testing
- Oculus Keratograph and tear film analyzer—used to measure all aspects of the tear film.
After analyzing your tear film and determining the exact type of dry eye that you suffer from, a plan is put into place to get to the root of the issue. Below you will find what some of the treatments may consist of. Click the links to learn more!